The Viennese Waltz
The Basic Requirements of the Viennese Waltz
The Basic Steps of the Viennese Waltz
- The footwork and steps should be kept very simple
- We should be able to see a slight swaying action from the couple - a
musical lilt - a gentle rise and fall. Mimics riding on the crest of a wave
- the movement's more on the progression
- We should see lots of rotation.
The Viennese Waltz has the least steps of all of the dances - there are only
3 steps that we should see
- Natural turns - turn to the Left
- Reverse turns - turn to the right
- Change step - this step is executed in-between the natural and reverse
steps and is used to aid the dancers to move to the other foot.